Sage CRM offers Exchange/Office 365 Integration which allows you to synchronize Contacts, Appointments and Tasks between Sage CRM and Exchange/Office 365. This article will guide you through setting up an account in Office 365 for the Sage CRM integration to use.
- Log into your Office 365 Portal (portal.office365.com) with an administrator account.
- Create a new user with a mailbox to use for the integration (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Launch the Exchange Admin Center
- Browse to Permissions -> Admin Roles
- Click on + to add a new role
- In the role group dialog box, provide a name for your Role Group (e.g. "Sage CRM Exchange Integration")
- Under Role, click + to add a role.
- Select Application Impersonation, click Add and then click OK.
- Under Members, click + and add the user you created in Step 2 (who needs to have a working mailbox)
- Click Save
Now that you have configured an Office 365 account that can be used for the integration, we can move onto the next article to set up Sage CRM.
I cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your system while following the above steps. Please follow them at your own risk and be aware of the consequences of your actions.
This article is reposted from my original article on the Astech website.